CENTER FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (CPWD)
- Fee for Service Manager
- Certified Nursing Assistant
(see below for details)
1. Fee for Service Manager
This is a part-time position at 20 hours/week. The Fee for Service Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities to strengthen and further develop CPWD's existing fee-for-service programs, as well as developing revenue generating services into new programs and/or new geographical areas. This position manages the day-to-day operations, personnel, and reporting for several key CPWD fee producing programs and services, such as Employment and Post-Transition; provides outreach for Home Health and Day Program; and develops new fee generating services.
This position is a senior manager, a key member of CPWD's Executive Team, and is expected to work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Team members. As such, should be a team oriented, quality focused individual with both programmatic, financial, and people management skills. Duties may include additional projects or assignments delegated by Executive Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Program Quality Control & Expansion: It is essential that CPWD's current programs be first rate, leading programs in our geographical region. In addition, this position must be actively involved in developing a plan that includes timelines and strategies to strengthen and expand existing fee-for-service programs; research, conduct outreach, develop and implement new fee generating opportunities to serve populations with disabilities with innovative, value-added services, consistent with CPWD's Strategic Plan and policies. Fee-for-service programs should generate a sustainable and fair revenue stream to run at a surplus, sufficient to fund fixed and administrative costs.
• Lead Independent Fee Generating Services: Ensure quality performance of personnel and programs, develop and implement program budgets, and monitor the performance of the programs in light of legal/federal guidelines, as well as the requirements of stakeholders, in line with Best Practices. This position should be well versed in the Independent Living philosophy and endeavor to integrate IL practices that recognize the self-direction and dignity of all CPWD consumers.
• Responsible for ensuring excellent consumer service for the agency by assisting staff and consumers as needed. Interact and communicate effectively with state and community entities for the purpose of networking, advocacy, program quality, and general Center promotion. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and the public. Complete other assignments as assigned and delegated by Executive Director.
• Staff Management: Take on the recruitment, training, evaluation and oversight of staff members, ensuring employees have what they need to fulfill their job duties. Complete annual evaluations, as well as assisting in the process of developing job descriptions, implement and monitor staff goals, and provide general staff support as needed. This position is responsible for setting priorities, time management, and delivery of high quality services in a cost effective and fee generating manner.
• Work closely with the Finance Department to support accurate and timely billing.
• Work closely with the Director of Core Services to insure consistency in the service delivery to consumers and strong collaboration between grant funded and fee generating services.
• Travel as needed for trainings, conferences, outreach events and meetings. Expected to spend time at all three CPWD offices each week.
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Possess decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Able to complete tasks in an organized and punctual manner
• Set clear expectations, responsibilities and goals with staff
• Excellent interpersonal and good active listening skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong program planning skills
• Professionalism and strong work ethic
• Ability to work as a team member
• Associate's degree in a relevant field, and/or relevant supervisory and program management experience in a related human service field.
• Two years of leadership/managerial experience to include experience managing fee generating programs and supervision of staff.
• Experience with monitoring program budgets.
• Experience working with people with disabilities.
• The capacity to work independently.
• Proficiency with MS Windows, MS Office, and other common computer programs.
• Demonstration of CPWD's core values of inclusiveness, flexibility, person first, accountability and integrity.
• Must pass background check.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Personal experience with disability is a huge advantage! Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, and/or relevant supervisory and program management experience in a related human service field.
• Previous experience with DVR and TTW.
• Exposure to Independent Living philosophies, and best practices in the IL community.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you are a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
2. Certified Nursing Assistant
CNA's - Come work where you are truly appreciated: Boulder County!
Do you like working with a consistent client load in a home care setting, where you are appreciated by clients as well as management? Do you like the independence of home care, making visits on a variety of people during a shift? We want to meet you!
Nights and Weekends
Service area covers Boulder County - mainly Boulder, Longmont, and Lafayette.
Earn: $15/hour plus a great shift differential of $1/hour evenings during the week
$16/hour weekends plus $1/hour weekend evenings.
Mileage and all travel time reimbursed.
Must have reliable transportation plus insurance.
Current CNA license in Colorado required. Willing to train to home care.
Unpaid Volunteer Coordinator Needed! Click here for more info.
CPWD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Mission of the Center for People with Disabilities is to provide resources, information and advocacy to assist people with disabilities in overcoming barriers to independent living. CPWD's goal is an integrated community that equally welcomes all members. The Center for People with Disabilities works so that people with disabilities may live independently. We believe that there is nothing more disabling than pity. The CPWD team is a group of down-to-earth people who are passionate about what they do.
Definition of a Center for Independent Living
Centers for Independent Living (CILs) are consumer-controlled, community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential, private, nonprofit agencies; designed and operated within local communities by individuals with disabilities. Centers require 51% of staff be persons with disabilities as well as 51% of Board of Directors be persons with disabilities. CILs provide an array of independent living services, including the core services of information and referral, independent living skills training, peer counseling, and individual and systems advocacy. (http://www.ed.gov/programs/cil/index.html).