Your gift of time makes a huge difference
CPWD has four offices and many programs. We have garden parties, Thanksgiving feasts, and gathering and outings. We would love to have your help. Extra hands and smiles are always welcome.
Volunteer opportunities are plentiful at CPWD. Whether you live in Boulder County, Adams County, Jefferson County or Denver, we welcome your help.
Some areas and duties that volunteers support include:
- Brain injury support group to volunteers
- Working in our adaptive/accessible garden planting and weeding
- Assisting visually impaired and blind seniors
- Front office clerical and receptionist support
- Organization office materials/filing
- Peer support groups
- Development and fundraising
- Employment services
- Company-wide events
- Independent living services
- Information and referral services
Give us a call at 303-442-8662 or fill our our online form to find out about current volunteer opportunities.
You’re someone who cares about making a difference. You’re patient, kind, and self-motivated. You communicate well, with both sensitivity and respect.
This is a volunteer-based position that will create and maintain the volunteer program for CPWD. The Volunteer Coordinator will recruit, orient, train, and oversee volunteers to meet the needs of the organization. Responsible for organizing and scheduling orientations for new volunteers, and assisting with development of personnel policies and procedures. Oversee special projects and perform other tasks, as assigned.
This position can have a flexible schedule. You could work either part- or full-time, eight or more hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess volunteer needs at CPWD and develop partnership with volunteer programs at Foothills United Way (Volunteer Connection) and Mile High United Way
- Generate appropriate volunteer opportunities and role descriptions, based on the needs at CPWD
- Raise staff awareness of the role and the function of volunteers
- Conduct and/or arrange volunteer orientation and training
- Monitor, support, motivate and accredit volunteers, and their work
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
Required skills and capabilities
- Relevant volunteer coordination position
- Knowledge of volunteer program processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint) and Google applications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Demonstrated capability of problem solving
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with frequent interruptions
- Ability to travel between CPWD offices, as needed
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in volunteer coordinating and project management
- Personal experience with disability is strongly preferred; people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you are a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!